Beginning with the class of 2019, D214 students will be eligible to earn up to two years of tuition free college attendance at Harper College. For a detailed explanation of the program, including eligibility requirements, visit the Harper Promise site by clicking here.
All freshmen are encouraged to sign up for the Harper Promise for two simple reasons:
- By signing up, students will have a two years for free college option they could later opt not to choose
- Meeting, or exceeding, the minimum eligibility requirements will serve students well, no matter what they choose to do after high school.
In order for incoming freshmen (Class of 2020) to participate in the Harper Promise Program, completed freshman applications must be turned in to the College & Career Center, on or before December 15, 2016.
Access Harper Promise resources by clicking on the links below:
- Harper Promise - Explanation (Spanish) (Polish)
- Harper Promise - Application
- Harper Promise Community Service Tracker Form: New as of January 20, 2017, students will log their community service hours on-line. For directions, click HERE.
Harper Promise Community Service Tracker Form, click HERE.
- Class of 2020: Must complete 5 hours which can be input at anytime as long as all hours are completed and logged in by June 9, 2017.
- Class of 2019: Must complete 10 hours which can be input at anytime as long as all hours are completed and logged in by June 9, 2017.
Looking for a way to earn hours, visit www.volunteermatch.org
Participating students will be notified, in August of each following year, about their continued participation in the Harper Promise Program or their inability to participate because they did not meet one or more program criteria. After receiving that notification, anyone who did not meet criteria because of extraordinary circumstances will be able to appeal. A form for that process can be found here:
Q. When can students in the class of 2019 begin earning their 10 service hours required for their sophomore year?
A. After July 21, 2016, the end of the 2015-2016 Academic Year (which includes summer school).
For other information or questions, including service hours and attendance, contact Harper Promise at:
Erin Bailey, D214 Offices, 847-718-7658 or email@example.com