Beginning with the class of 2019, D214 students will be eligible to earn up to two years of tuition free college attendance at Harper College. For a detailed explanation of the program, including eligibility requirements, visit the Harper Promise site by clicking here.
All freshmen are encouraged to sign up for the Harper Promise for two simple reasons:
- By signing up, students will have a two years for free college option they could later opt not to choose.
- Meeting, or exceeding, the minimum eligibility requirements will serve students well, no matter what they choose to do after high school.
To participate in the Harper Promise Program, freshmen must register online, checking the "enroll" box during the general registration process in Infinite Campus or by completing Harper Promise Program Application below and returning it to the College Career Room, on or before December 15, 2017.
Access Harper Promise resources by clicking on the links below:
- Harper Promise - Explanation (Spanish) (Polish)
- Harper Promise - Application
- Harper Promise - Flow Chart & Communication
- Harper Promise Community Service Tracker Form: NEW as of January 20, 2017, students will log their community service hours on-line. For directions, click HERE. To access the link to upload community service hours, click HERE.
NOTE: When accessing and completing the on-line form you MUST:
- Use Google Chrome as your browser.
- Log into your GAPPS email account to access the form.
- Use the form for logging hours. Parents can not complete the form.
Class of 2021: 5 hours of community service are required during the second semester of freshman year. Students are encouraged to submit their hours by the end of the 2017-2018 school year. The absolute deadline to submit community service hours will be Friday, July 20th, 2018. Looking for a way to earn 5 hours? Consider visiting www.volunteermatch.org.
Class of 2020: 10 hours of community service are required. Students are encouraged to submit their hours by the end of the 2017-2018 school year. The absolute deadline to submit community service hours will be Friday, July 20th, 2018.
Class of 2019: 15 hours of community service are required. Students are encouraged to submit their hours by the end of the 2017-2018 school year. The absolute deadline to submit community service hours will be Friday, July 20th, 2018.
Students in the class of 2020 and 2019 were notified, in August of 2017, about their continued participation in the Harper Promise Program or their inability to participate because they did not meet one or more program criteria. After receiving that notification, anyone who did not meet criteria because of extraordinary circumstances is eligible to appeal. A form for that process can be accessed by clicking HERE. NOTE: The completed Appeal Form must be emailed to Harper College (email address on form) BY September 15, 2017.
Q. When may freshmen students begin earning their 5 service hours required for their freshman year?
A. Freshmen may begin during second semester.
Q. When may sophomore students begin earning their 10 service hours required for their sophomore year?
A. After July 21, 2016, until July 20, 2017.
For other information or questions, including service hours and attendance, contact Harper Promise at:
- Erin Bailey, D214 Offices, 847-718-7658 or firstname.lastname@example.org