Check out these Junior AVID Spring Break Pictures
Application to AVID for 2020-2021 School Year
AVID is an academic, regularly scheduled elective class based on writing as a tool of learning, inquiry method, and collaborative grouping. The three main components of the program are:
- Academic instruction
- Tutorial support
- Motivational activities
|AVID SITE TEAM
AVID is a structured, college preparatory system that works directly with schools and districts. Aimed at first-generation college goers in grades 4-12, AVID takes a schoolwide approach to curriculum and rigor adopted by more than 3,500 schools in 45 states and 15 countries. It provides a professional development program that seeks to train students throughout the U.S.
What is Academic Rigor?
Rigor is the goal of helping students develop the capacity to understand content that is complex, ambiguous, provocative, and personally or emotionally challenging. Taking rigorous courses opens doors!
AVID is not:
- An at-risk program
- An affirmative action program
- A school within a school
- For all students
- A "Silver Bullet"
- A Quick Fix
AVID contributes to the success of the students by:
- Teaching study and organizational skills
- Using English as a writing tool for learning
- Strengthening writing skills
- Giving tutorial help through college tutors
- Teaching students to work collaboratively to be successful in the most rigorous courses
- Taking students to visit colleges and universities
- Assisting students with the application process for four year colleges and universities
- Helping students explore careers through guest speakers
AVID's mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
Learn more at www.avid.org.