Attention Parents of Wheeling High School Seniors:
Below is important information regarding your son/daughter's upcoming graduation from Wheeling High School. Reading all of the material should answer the most common questions about graduation.
Graduation Practice/Senior Awards Assembly:
. The mandatory awards assembly and graduation practice will take place on Friday, May 25th, 2018.
· Students will receive their caps and gown prior to the assembly, and will wear them during the assembly.
· Graduation practice will take place prior to the awards assembly
· Graduation tickets will be distributed at the end of practice. Students must be present in order to pick-up their tickets.
· Any outstanding student fines or fees, must be paid in order to get graduation tickets.
· The ceremony will be held on Sunday, May 27th, 2018 at 12:30 p.m.
. Guests will be allowed to enter the stadium/gymnasium at 11:45 a.m.
· The graduation ceremony will last approximately 90 minutes.
· Graduation is the most attended event during the school year; please car-pool if possible due to insufficient parking for every vehicle. Also drop your graduating senior off rather than have him/her park an additional car in the lot.
Rain or shine information:
· The ceremony will take place outdoors (in the football stadium) unless it rains.
· In case of rain, the ceremony will take place in the gymnasium.
· If the ceremony is inside you MUST be in your seats prior to the 12:30 p.m. start; otherwise, you will not be allowed in the gymnasium.
. Please take careful note of the complications this presents, particularly those regarding seating capacity. There are seating restrictions for the indoor ceremony.
. Please notify us ASAP if you will require handicapped seating.
· A final announcement as to whether the ceremony will be inside or outside will be on the school phone message (847-718-7000) and the school marquee Sunday morning.
· The commencement ceremony is a formal, dignified event, signifying student achievement.
· A professional photographer will take photos of each graduate. In addition, the entire ceremony will be videotaped. We feel these services will enable parents to obtain a picture and/or DVD of their graduate without disturbing the ceremony with traffic to and from the stage area.
· Only the professional photographer will be permitted to take pictures in
the stage area.
After the graduation ceremony:
· Please have a pre-arranged location to meet your graduate after the ceremony.
· We will also have Grad Flowers selling a variety of arrangements and individual roses at the entrance to the ceremony at reasonable prices.
· If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact Ms. Chico at 847-718-7327, or Ms. Constantine at 847-718- 7063.
Gretchen Constantine and Sandra Chico Graduation Coordinators