WHAT is the PSAT/NMSQT?
The PSAT/NMSQT exam measures verbal reasoning, critical reading, math problem solving, and writing skills important for success in college.
The PSAT/NMSQT (Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test) will be administered at Wheeling High School on Wednesday, October 14,2020 or Thursday, October 29, 2020. Click here to register. Registration deadline is Friday, September 11, 2020.
Why take the PSAT/NMSQT?
We encourage juniors to take the PSAT because it identifies National Merit Scholars and enables students who score at the highest levels to qualify for college scholarships. It also provides excellent practice for the SAT Reasoning Test, one of the major college entrance exams. The PSAT/NMSQT can be used as a predictor for SAT scores. It allows students to compare their academic skills with those of other college-bound students.
If you are entitled to SSD testing accommodations, PLEASE see your Counselor or Case Manager for additional information.
Official Student Guide to the PSAT/NMSQTThe Official Student Guide to the PSAT/NMSQT will be delivered to the student upon registration.The Student Guide has three main sections:
● Test taking help
● Information about National Merit Scholarship Corporation scholarship competitions
● A full-length practice test
Use the Student Guide to Do Your Best!
● Review the section about scholarships with your parents.
● Practice now with sample critical reading, math, and writing skills questions.
● Get familiar with the instructions for each type of test question.
● Take the practice test like it's the real thing! You can go online to review complete answer explanations for all the questions on the practice test to help you prepare before test day.
Click here to visit the College Board’s PSAT/NMSQT website